Lakeside schools work together with our school district partners to provide a range of educational services and supports for students with special needs in our programs. These services include emotional and learning supports, individual and group counseling, transition services and transportation. Other related services such as speech/language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and hearing/vision supports, are coordinated with school districts in order to provide those services to eligible students.
Lakeside staff are committed to the following standards of best practice:
- We will work with parents to develop Individualized Education Plans as a team in order to meet the individual needs of all students.
- We will collaborate with regular education teachers, local education agency representatives, school psychologists, speech therapists, transition service providers, occupational therapists, and other related service providers to ensure that all student needs are being met in the least restrictive environment.
- We will protect our students’ dignity and respect their confidentiality.
- We will create a learning environment that promotes respect, responsibility, and trust while also supporting families.
- We will use differentiated instruction to provide appropriate learning opportunities for students of all abilities and learning styles.
- We will develop and incorporate strategies and accommodations so that students can participate in the general education curriculum to the fullest extent possible.
- We will allow opportunities for students to be productive members of their school community and will promote positive relationships between all students.
- We will help students to develop the skills needed to prepare for life after high school.
Lakeside Director of Special Education