Today we remember and celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King. It is a day when thousands of us head out to serve our community to characterize some of the values that Dr. King dreamed and spoke of.
Dr. King led by example what he believed
I thought it would be good just to reflect on a few of his quotes that continue to inspire our lives.
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, “What are you doing for others?”
- The time is always right to do what is right.
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Thank you to all who are working so diligently today to help so many with your acts of service.
I hope you have a great and rewarding day.
Gerry Vassar, President/ CEO, Lakeside Educational Network