As we launch into 2017, many of us in our country have some fears and concerns, but hopefully, some of us feel optimistic about this coming year. Wait till you see why!
For Lakeside…well, we seem to be on the verge of significant impact in our region and our country and others.
The political climate has been, at best, unpredictable, and it will be more than interesting to see what changes will occur ahead in our economy, systems of care, educational systems, healthcare system and our relationships abroad. It is always hopeful to anticipate the upcoming year’s possibilities as we begin yet another year in the United States.
We have just completed the renovation of our national headquarters.
We hope it will become a regional and national trauma informed care strategy facility. We also are opening a new 13,000 square foot classroom and office facility for Lakeside School that will expand our brain-based and trauma-informed care for hundreds of students.
This year we at Lakeside anticipate some groundbreaking and exciting growth steps:
- We will be finalizing our three trauma courses for professionals who work with trauma-impacted individuals to feature new trauma-responsive capacity for all of our participants.
- We will be expanding our broadcasting technology for trauma-informed care to rural counties in Pennsylvania. We are hopeful this training program will be expanding to other counties.
- For the first time, we will be filming all of our trauma courses so we may provide streamed trauma training to an expanded audience.
- We will complete our new Neurologic curriculum, which will help schools becomes trauma-informed. We also hope to complete and produce a Neurologic brain-based workbook for students.
- In addition to completing Neurologic curriculum, we will be filming our Neurologic Initiative for Schools. With this initiative, we can make Neurologic available to a broader school staff audience.
- We will be expanding our Neurologic Initiative to schools in Norway and other countries.
- We will be consulting with some state agencies on Trauma-Informed Care.
- We will plan and renovate a 10,000 square foot facility as the Lakeside Training and Technology Center, complete with video and broadcasting studios.
- As always, we will extend educational and clinical services to over 2500 students in 45 regional school districts.
- We will plan to train approximately 2000 professionals who are working with children and systems of care.
The potential of Lakeside to help
When you think of the potential of Lakeside to help children, teenagers, parents, teachers and other professionals, it is truly exciting to anticipate all the lives that we will be touching in 2017.
We are growing in our scope geographically and in numbers of individuals we directly serve with our training, schools and programs. There is much to anticipate in this next year as we offer hope and help to so many in need.
Thank you for being a part of our movement at Lakeside. I hope you will have a happy, healthy and prosperous 2017.
Gerry Vassar, President/CEO